Are you thinking about painting the exterior of your home? It’s an exciting decision that will completely change the look of your home. However, it’s also a big project that takes a lot of time. You’re probably wondering where to begin! The first step is getting an estimate for the time and cost of the project. We have created this outline to take you through the process step by step. Here is how you can get an estimate for your exterior painting job.
- We believe being able to book online makes it easy for you, the customer, to schedule an appointment. So, you can sign up through any page on our website for an estimate. You will specify the time and date, making it convenient for you. Once you sign up, you’ll receive a confirmation email with some information about our company.
- We will show up on time, to the minute, for your appointment. If you’ve signed up for 9 am, then we’ll be there at 9 am exactly! If, for some reason, we are running late, we always call.
- We will show up in a lettered vehicle and park in front of your house. You’ll know we are there and ready to work!
- We will walk around your house with you and ask questions about your project. For example, what does a great painting experience look like to you? Do you have any concerns about your pets? Do you have any concerns in general? A typical estimate lasts about 45 minutes, but we can take as much time as you need. If your job is more work intensive, the estimate will take longer.
- Once we’ve talked to you, we will take measurements of your house and any other areas needing work including decks, porches, and fences. We will then put together multiple paint options based on your needs.
- We will give you a proposal on the spot and also deliver one via email with more details. This means we will not leave until you get a price. If the job is extremely complicated we may have to wait and email the bid, but this is fairly unusual. We prefer to give a proposal on the spot so we can answer any questions you may have about our bid. We also believe that you should not have to wait too long to learn about pricing!
- We use an e-bid process that gives a detailed proposal of our work. You can say “yes” to the proposal on the spot, or wait until you receive the email estimate. If you reject the bid, then the process is over. If you decide to confirm the bid, then we will discuss a date to begin work and finalize the contract with a 25% deposit. This deposit allows us to order the materials, set up color consulting, and lock down a date for the project start.
- If you choose to go with us, we will offer virtual color consulting. We are also knowledgeable about HOA’s and can work with you to get approval from the board for a color change to your home.